Saturday 27 September 2014

Lanikai - My Mum's garden

Recently I attended a garden day at my Mum's place. The local Garden Club visits members gardens once a month and there are always cuttings to be had. I haven't been for a long while (years in fact) due to work/study/life commitments, but I had a day free and my mother invited me, so I went.

As I wandered around the garden, catching up with friends I hadn't seen for a while, it struck me that this garden had matured and changed over the last three decades. This is the garden I grew up in and it had changed along with me. The old swings had gone and a fish pond taken their place, the vegetable garden and orchards had changed places several times and the trees had grown in size and number. It has matured into a stunningly beautiful place to spend time and somewhere it is possible to get lost in the endless grassy paths leading to secret spaces. These days Mum and Dad run a camping place and charge people $5 for a tour of the garden and a cup of tea with scones (usually some cuttings too), and it is well worth the visit.

I would like to share some pictures of my mum's garden with you.
This is a random selection of images from the garden, there is more that I haven't shown, and no they aren't all from the garden day I went on, some are taken by  my Dad at other times.



























No comments:

Post a Comment